By Antoinette Modrok & Tania Molina of the Symmetry In Motion Pilates & Wellness Studio
In today’s fast-paced life, the daily “to-do” list can be never ending and generally leads to stress, anxiety and exhaustion. How do we bring back our “peace” to live a more balanced and healthy life physically, emotionally and spiritually? Going on a retreat can be the perfect opportunity to restore one’s mind, body and spirit. Here are a few of the many health benefits a retreat may offer:
1) Break from the Routine – Stepping away from your daily routine to do something different, go somewhere peaceful, meet up with friends or make new ones, can have a completely revitalizing and long-lasting impact to become a happier, healthier you.
2) Exercise – Most of us have very good intentions to go to a gym, take a walk in the park or get on a bicycle. So the problem is in the execution, not the intention – especially when the “to-do” list just got longer. Retreats are an excellent way to work on your fitness goals, whether it be Pilates, Yoga, hiking or walking on the beach, we are all more motivated to exercise when we have a class to show up for or a friend to walk on the beach with. Exercise and recreation makes us feel better.
3) Ditch the technology – Cell phone, IPad, PC – we all need a break to spend some time off-line, time to reflect and work on being well, being at ease, without any distractions – except for maybe a pen and paper to record our health and fitness goals.
4) Relaxation – Demands on our daily lives can have a negative impact on our health and wellbeing. When you’re on a retreat you will finally have time to do the things that you’ve been wanting to do for rest and relaxation – take a walk, go to the beach, read a book or soak up the sun. Being in a peaceful environment will reduce your stress levels and restore your physical and mental health.
5) Connect with Others – Going single, with a friend or your family, being with like-minded people is revitalizing. Communal meals with genuine interaction and laughter can do wonders for your health. Make new friends who will support you in your journey to health and vitality.
So, consider doing something for your health and wellbeing, consider going on a Retreat.
The #LVHFCoC would like to thank Symmetry in Motion for their contribution to our community’s website. We were inspired to request an article on the benefits of resetting with retreats after seeing the amazing Sonoma Valley Farm-to-Table Pilates Retreat brought to you by Symmetry in Motion. For more information on that upcoming August 27-31st event, please click here or on any image posted in this article.
Contact information for Antoinette Modrok & Tania Molina of the Symmetry In Motion Pilates & Wellness Studio is 7261 W. Charleston Blvd, Ste. 103 Las Vegas, NV 89117 702.749.7117